From last night:
Halloween Haunt Pictures
Posted in My Blog
Posted by Kenneth Mark Hoover on November 1, 2011
Kenneth Mark Hoover
I am a professional SF and dark fantasy writer. Thank you for showing an interest in my work, and I hope you enjoy the blog.
- House of 1000 Corpses (A Review)
- The Gibson Girl vs. The Flapper
- "Never Turn Your Back on a Clown"
- Island of Lost Souls (1933) - Censored Horror with Sex and Atmospheric Bestiality
- A Dialog with Story: On Dialog
- Flapper Talk and the Reflection of Language on Human Culture
- Un Ballo in Maschera: Beautiful Opera Music Marred by a Poor Storyline
- Моя маленькая "My Little One" by Polina Agureyeva
- The Flat: 5000 Buffalo Hunters, Ranchers, Prostitutes, Drunks and Criminals in One Place
- Inanna's Descent to the Underworld
- While visually impressive, Psycho fails spectacularly as a film because of the explanation tacked on at the end. Completely unnecessary. 6 hours ago
- In politics, when you're explaining you're losing. The same can be said if you write horror. The unknown is frightening all on its own. 6 hours ago
- As horror, The Birds works because there's no underlying explanation. Horror, good horror, is always about the unknown. 6 hours ago
- If you remove all the stuff about birds the story that's left works well, and, perhaps better. Amazing character studies throughout. 6 hours ago
- I've been studying Hitchcock's The Birds. The writing in that film ticks like a Swiss watch. Phenomenal characterization and relationships. 6 hours ago
- Argo Navis astronomy ballet books camping classical guitar classic literature comics dark fantasy dialog electronic manuscripts fantasy fiction flapper food games genre guitar halloween haxan history horror karate martial arts movies music my life mystery my writing Native Americans new novel Nordic Wiccan Norse mythology novel old time radio opera philosophy photography poetry process publishing review science fiction Shaolin Kung Fu short story Shotokan silent film western western writers Wicca writing
Join me on Goodreads!
Published material from Argo Navis
Wuthering – a Haxan story!
Alpenglow – a brand new Haxan story!
Fishing the Styx
The Fire Egg
- 44,494 hits
Thank you for visiting my blog!